This Flat Stanley project is an engaging integrated unit for your students! This unit has everything you need to mail your own Flat Stanley projects around the world.
This Common Core aligned resource also includes Flat Stanley comprehension questions, vocabulary words and graphic organizers to help students understand the novel.
This makes for a great activity for students! Students will create their own Flat Stanley printable to mail to friends/family across the world. In the process, they will be learning geography skills as well.
This resource includes:
- Flat Stanley Comprehension Questions: a packet of questions for students to answer as they read the story (answer key included).
- Vocabulary: students will look up the definitions of challenging words as they read through the novel.
- Flat Stanley Activities: graphic organizers and writing prompts for students to show their understanding of the story.
- Flat Stanley Project:
- template for students to create their own Flat Stanley
- letter to parents, explaining the project
- letter to Flat Stanley recipients, asking for their help
- blank templates for students to write their own letters
- state/country facts form for recipients to fill out
- thank you cards for recipients
- Travel Journal for Flat Stanley
- maps and information charts for students to keep track of Flat Stanley’s travels
This Flat Stanley project includes many photo examples, ideas and teacher directions throughout the resource to guide you through the project. Your students (and their families) will have a wonderful time interacting with Flat Stanley!